If you are a fan of cycling or motorbikes and you like to ride along spectacular roads and paths, we recommend that you make use of the bike rental service in Mallorca. To make it easier for you, in this article we will detail the main characteristics of some of the mountain roads that you should not miss.
Cycling in Majorca to discover unforgettable mountain landscapes
Cycling in Mallorca is linked to finding beautiful spots. In fact, it is one of the best ways to discover this marvellous island. If your cycling level is not advanced, you always have the option of renting a motorbike in Mallorca. You can choose the option that suits you best.
- Sa Calobra is the best-known ascent route in the whole region due to its stunning landscapes. It is characterised by a 10-kilometre route full of curves and ramps, some of which are up to 20 %.
- The ascent to Valldemossa is 4 kilometres long and has a gradient of 5%. We recommend that you leave some time to stroll around one of the prettiest villages on the island and enjoy its horchata de almendras (almond horchata) to recover your energy.
- The route from Sóller to Palma is one of the busiest for cyclists. Its curves and 5% gradient will make you feel like a true adventurer along the 6 kilometres of the route.
- Puig Major (Sóller) is the longest mountain pass in Mallorca. In 14 kilometres you will enjoy a constant gradient of 6 %. The experience of passing next to the Gorg Blau and Cúber reservoirs will be impressive!
- Coll de Sa Batalla will transport you to another era and welcome you to the aforementioned Tramuntana mountain range. Just over 8 kilometres with a 5% gradient will be enough to take you on a journey back in time.
- The route from Pollença to Coll de Femenia will confirm once again why Mallorca is so highly valued by Spaniards and foreigners alike. The Tramuntana mountain range will not leave you indifferent and the 8 kilometres of this route will allow you to enjoy medium gradients to reward you with a gentle final stretch.
- If you like short routes, Formentor will be special for you. Only 4 kilometres are needed to reach a viewpoint from where you can stop to look out over part of the island. If you want to make a little more of an effort, a short extra climb will take you to the magical lighthouse.
In conclusion, bike hire in Mallorca offers you the chance to discover not only the coast, but also the mountains. Don't forget to choose a professional company, like ours, to receive the best service.